Spring Cleaning Your Honda
Many of us are in full on spring cleaning mode, whether it’s organizing our homes, sprucing up the yard or cleaning out the garage, it’s the perfect way to say goodbye to the winter and hello summer!
Cleaning your vehicle is one more item to add to your spring cleaning list and if you spend a significant amount of time in your car each day then having a clean one is very rewarding.
Here are a few tips on how to effectively clean your vehicle,
- General Tidy: It’s important to be fully prepared for the cold winter weather which is why we suggest packing your car with blankets, warm clothes, emergency salt or sand bags, shovels, boots and other items needed in sub-zero temperatures. Once spring hits these items are unnecessary and simply take up space the trunk and cabin of your vehicle. Clear all these items out and store them in a convenient place for next winter. Don’t forget to check under the seats for lost mittens, empty coffee cups or anything else that might be hiding out of plain sight.
- Vacuum: Your vehicle might be resembling a beach with all the sand and salt collected over the winter. Vacuum everything from the mats, seats, dash, trunk – leave no surface untouched.
- Dust The Dash: Your dash and console is the perfect place for dust to collect and it becomes quite noticeable when the warm summer sun is shining right on it. Wipe all the hard surfaces down with a damp cloth, including cup holders. If your dash is really dirty use a spray cleaner with a soft cloth.
- Clean The Windows: Use glass cleaner and paper towels to clean all dust and fingerprints off your windows and mirrors. Don’t spray glass cleaner directly on the rear-view mirror, instead spray a cloth or paper towel and then use it to clean the glass.
- Wash The Exterior: Rinse your vehicle to loosen dirt, clean it with soap using a soft sponge and then rinse it thoroughly once again. Dry your vehicle with a soft microfiber towel or chamois and check every inch for chips or scratches.
- Don’t Forget The Undercarriage: Salt and sand can build up under your vehicle. Wash the undercarriage and get into all the nooks and crannies until the water runs clear.
- Clean The Wheels: Shiny wheels are the pièce de résistance – give your wheels a thorough scrub and finish them off with wax or rim protector.
A clean vehicle means a happy owner, follow these simple steps for a beautiful and shiny car.
If you are short on time or prefer to leave your vehicle detailing in the hands of professionals book an appointment with our team at Crown Detailing and Car Wash.